If it’s true that good things come in threes, I should buy a lottery ticket for tonight. I’ve had two pieces of good news in the past week: this blog has won two awards.
Last Sunday I posted about having won a Liebster Award. Now I have won a second award, a Very Inspiring Blogger Award
This is an award from bloggers to bloggers. I was nominated by the excellent France Says blog (check it out if you don’t know it). The award comes with a short set of rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
With this post, I accept the award. So, here are seven facts about myself.
- I am a twin, though not an identical one. My sister lives in the US, in Illinois, so I get to see her about once a year.
- I speak French and German pretty well – I have been fluent in both at points in my life. I can also read Dutch, Italian and Spanish.
- My partner Damon and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in January.
- I have (almost) managed to convince Damon that chocolate goes off overnight if it isn’t all eaten…
- Back in my days as a journalist, I interviewed the prime minister of Belgium.
- Despite being gay, I am in love with 1980s pop star Kim Wilde.
- I once appeared on MTV pretending to be Germany’s entrant to the Eurovision Song Contest.
In return, I’m going to nominate seven blogs for the award. There are others I enjoy, but these are the ones I find truly inspiring. Plus, seven facts, seven blogs. Seems fair, right?
I have deliberately picked blogs I didn’t nominate for a Liebster Award. In strictly alphabetical order, they are:
- 154 Days in France – An Australian student documents a five-month exchange that will probably change her life
- And She Cooks – Beautifully photographed recipes that leave you salivating
- L’Art de la Petite Maison – Frustratingly short-lived art project which should encourage us all get out our drawing pens
- Dusty Feet – Truly inspirational posts on life as a gay teenager in conservative America
- French Dinner for Two – Great idea for a blog, and some lovely recipes
- Ice Cream Magazine – Ice cream recipes. What more could you want – other than seconds, that is?
- Suzanne et Pierre à Paris – Canadian expats provide inspiration with posts about their travels and some terrific photographs
I hope my nominees appreciate the recognition that goes with this nomination – and that they accept the award and pass on the love.
Now, excuse me, I’m off to buy a lottery ticket…